Less Volume – Rapid Prototyping
- Samples or prototypes
- Typically less than 1,000 parts annually
- Manufacture with lasers, turrets, water jet machines, and press brakes
- No tooling costs, higher piece price
Short to Medium Run Volume
- Typically 1,000 to 40,000 parts annually
- Manufacture with stage tools built and maintained in house for life of part
- Usually one tool for each operation (e.g., blank, form, pierce)
- Shared die sets to reduce tool cost
- Less expensive tools, lower piece price
Longer Run Volume
- Typically 40,000 parts or more annually
- Manufacture with progressive tools built and maintained in house
- One tool for all operations
- Final part produced with each stroke of the press
- More expensive tool, lower piece price
Types of Fabrication
Lasers | Turrets |Press Brakes
Waterjet available with the new state of the art, 60,000 psi Flow Mach 3 waterjet offers an extremely wide range of processing capabilities:
- Will cut up to 6” thick of nearly any material and hardness,
(except diamond or tempered glass).
- Eliminates thermal expansion and HAZ (Heat Affected Zone)
- No issues with processing reflective materials as for our laser systems.
- Cutting speeds up to 300 ipm., sheet sizes 6’ x 12’ and under.
- Accuracy of .002 over 3 linear feet.
5 axes of motion will open new doors for HV and its customers. The waterjet, when combined with our expansive equipment list, allows HV engineering staff to take a surgical approach in selecting ideal methods of manufacturing.
5 axis waterjet cutting:
- Will eliminate edge taper, which accompanies all laser, punching and conventional waterjet practice.
- Improves edge quality, providing a cleaner surface and faster cutting speeds, without sacrificing quality.