Types of Castings
- Aluminum Die Casting
- There are many reasons aluminum is the most commonly cast non-ferrous metal in the world. It’s light, strong, corrosion resistant, non-staining, highly conductive, non-magnetic, accepts many finishes and is cost effective. Since die casting aluminum alloy is 95% post-consumer recycled material, aluminum die castings are green and sustainable.
- Magnesium Die Casting
- Magnesium is an excellent choice to distinguish portable and durable products from the competition, offering a perfect combination of light weight, rigidity and resistance to wear for diverse applications. From concept to completion, Pace Industries works with customers to introduce the distinctive benefits of this material.
- Zinc Die Casting
- Zinc offers a combination of characteristics that give it a unique advantage in many die casting applications. These include a combination of strength, ductility, resistance to catastrophic failure, impact strength and finishing characteristics. Zinc is the heaviest of the three alloy groups our die casting company offers.
- MEEHANITE METAL
- GF20, GE30, GC40, GA50, SF60, SP80, SH100, W, WS, WSH, HS, HR, HE, CC, CR, CRSe
- DUCTILE IRON
- 65-45-12, 60-40-18, 80-55-06, 100-70-03, and some grades of ADI (Austemper Ductile Iron)
- GREY IRON CASTING
- CLASS 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 AND 50
- 60-30, 65-35, 70-30, 70-40, 80-50, 90-60, 105-85, 120-95, 150-135, 1030, 1035, 4130, 4140, 4330, 4340, 8620, WCA, WCB, WC1, WC6, LC1, LCB, D2 TOOL STEEL
- STAINLESS STEELS
- 302(CD-20), 303(CF-16FA), 304(CF-8), 304L(CF-3), 309(CH-20), 310(CK-20), 316(CF-8M), 316L(CF-3M), 317(CG-8M), 347(CF-8C), 410(CA-15), 420(CA-40), 431(CB-30, 440C, CN7M (Alloy 20), 13-4PH(CA6NM), 17-4PH(CD-7CU), CD4MCU
- HIGH TEMPERATURE ALLOYS
- HK30, HK40, HL, HN, HT, CH20, CK20
- NICKEL BASE ALLOYS
- M-30C, M-35, CW12MW, CW6M, CZ100
- SPECIAL ALLOYS
- SOME GRADES OF MONELS, HASTALLOY, INCONELS, HEAT RESISTANCE, 28% CHROME IRON, NI-RESIST, AND DUPLEX STEEL.
- Controlled Solidification Process
- As part of our Standard Foundry Procedure, all castings are poured utilizing controlled alloy chemistry, a robotic pouring arm and Controlled Solidification chambers, resulting in mechanical properties superior to those obtained with solidification under standard atmospheric conditions.
- Rapid Solidification Process for Elevated Mechanical Properties
- For requirements with elevated mechanical properties exceeding those obtainable with our standard Controlled Solidification Process, we provides a proprietary Advanced Rapid Control Solidification Process, during which computer controlled rapid solidification is achieved in a cooling media, ascertaining mechanical properties exceeding those obtainable with our standard Controlled Solidification Process.
- Alloys Cast
- Aluminum based: C355, A356, A357, A201, 40E(D712) and Vanasil. In addition, custom formulations are available from our metallurgical lab.
- High-strength Aluminum Alloy A205
- Typical Material Specs
- AMS-A-21180A, ASTM-B618/618M, ASTM-B686/B686M, AMS 4214, 4215, 4218, 4219, 4260, 4261.
- Heat Treat
- AMS-2771, ASTM-B917/B917M (T5, T51, T6, T61, T71)
- Radiographic (X-ray) Inspection
- Penetrant Inspection
- Lettering & Marking
- Test Bar
- Per ASTM E8/E8M (Separately Cast, Integrally Cast, Appended, or Cut-up Prolongations)
- Mechanical Properties